Hey everyone, apologies for the lack of updates.
We’ll be rolling out Patch 2 sometime next week, we’re still working on fixing newly popped up bugs. Stay tuned…
A few more game breaking bugs are creeping up which need to be squished, thus prompting a new patch to be thrown into production. Will be adding a few new bits and bobs to this one to keep it fresh. Should expect to see this drop sometime this week.
Here are some of the fixes that will be coming through (important fixes in bold):
- Sandbags have correct construction message when built by commander
- Improved AI Director
- Backpacks now provide nails/razor blades for the Dualshot
- Flamer fire burn time reduced
- SSG and Quadshot have damage reduced for balancing
- Ranks easier to obtain
- Maps have properly placed teleporters, preventing teleporting in and running into the exit almost instantly
- Survival Defender mode doesn’t reach higher ranked monsters
- CF01 boss doesn’t end map
- SF01 sector issues
- Bosses that don’t suck (or battles that go on for too long)
- Turret limitations for specific maps
- Mech hud at end game
- SF01 demon core invincible
The first patch is out and ready to download at this address: http://www.mediafire.com/?b62r48pze8dte45
It is a simple update to the sfrenzy13_final.pk3 that should resolve many issues (as listed below in the previous post)
If you have not already downloaded Shotgun Frenzy, you can grab the entire mod with the patch pre-installed, here:
So far it has been a truly epic 12 hours of Shotgun Frenzy topping the server list, so it was expected that a few bugs would pop up, one of the most noteable been the ‘Final Struggle’ bug. Never fear, a patch is right around the corner, with a few extra additions that have been specificity requested by members of the Skulltag community. They have been listed below:
- Dispensers, turrets and landmines to be added to the Armory for marines to buy
- Price and damage tweaks on overpowered weapons
- Score system from v1.1 added back in for mid-game researching
- Mouse sensitivity for Commander reduced
- That annoying tip beep has been changed to something less annoying
- Tips no longer appear for player related information if more than 2 players are playing
- Bodycount message on death from v1.1 is back
- More powerful Airstrikes and Ion Cannon strikes
- Increase to Afrit health (CF03 boss battle)
- Map detailing optimised for better performance
- Boss battles optimised for better server performance, also not impossible to beat
- Disappearing skybox resolved
- Endgame countup on monster kills sped up
- Turret spawning fixed
- Players can no longer go outside SD02 and SF03
- Mechs no longer send players skyrocketing into the sky
This will be released shortly. In the meantime, a huge thanks to Konar6 and the Grandvoid servers!
Stay tuned, the update will be released shortly…
At long last! The full and complete 1.3 update of Shotgun Frenzy is now up and ready for downloading!
At the moment it can be downloaded here, http://www.mediafire.com/?3y63bx9hv7aa0h3
Expect to see more mirrors pop up in the near future.
This update to Shotgun Frenzy contains completely revamped code, new maps, game types, and weapons. There was also a ton of network rejigging, meaning better net performance. As usual, let us know if you find any bugs or unbalancing on the way and we’ll get right onto fixing it in a hot fix.
Cock your shotgun and get yer frenzy face on!