Its here! Its finally here!
The Total Chaos Open Alpha has dropped!
After countless years of development we’ve finally reached a first major milestone!
It has been a bumpy ride with many ups and downs. We have been fortunate enough to have a dedicated enough fan base to keep pushing us along and for that we are forever in your debt!
We hope you enjoy what we’ve been working on.
But the road does not stop here, there are still many more milestones to conquer, and we hope you follow us on this journey.
The alpha can be downloaded at one of the following links:
Please consult the FAQ and installation instructions here…
RESOLUTION QUICKFIX: YOU NEED TO SET FORCEDASPECTRATIO TO 4:3
This can be done inside the Video Settings under Options after you launch GZDoom.
If you don’t do this, Total Chaos will render in a square. Unfortunately Total Chaos isn’t currently optimized for any resolutions other than 16:9/10, so some stretching may happen on certain resolutions.
Welcome to Fort Oasis, an island filled with mystery and a horrid history waiting to be uncovered. The Open Alpha includes 2 of 6 levels that will feature in the full mod and is roughly 20-45 minutes in duration (depending on how you play)
- A few things to note:
This release is still in Alpha. A lot is yet to be optimized and there will be a couple of bugs here and there
- We’re still polishing up a lot of stuff here, so nothing you see is considered final
- The mod requires GZDoom to play, the latest version (found here) is recommended
- The mod requires doom2.wad to play, we’re still working on stand-alone IWAD configurations
- Motion Blur is currently disabled due to performance issues, potential release of this in a week or so
- Sanity mechanics have been excluded from this release, we’re still balancing this feature
- Some story elements are excluded (wall messages, some level placed letters, etc)
We hope you have fun playing the Alpha, please let us know what you think!