This time next week, Total Chaos will be complete.
It is a strange feeling getting to this point, after 10 years on and off, it has been a big part of my life. Everything I’ve learnt about making games came from this project, and it is hard to let it go into the wild.
There was a lot I wanted to do with this beast, quite a bit of content that didn’t end up making it into the last iteration, but if I tried to accommodate everything, then the mod will never get done.
After the mod is complete, I’ll be starting the closed-beta process, and if all goes well there, then the mod will be released in its entirety!
I think its safe to say that this will be the last blog post until then.
A few things I should mention:
- Duration is roughly 2-3 hours, depending on your play style
- Will require DOOM2.WAD to play in the meantime, will try and make it standalone in future updates
- About 1.5-2GB in size, I am yet to create the final PK3 file so I am unsure of how large it will be
- No official system requirements as of yet. It is safe to say if you can run the latest Alpha, then you should be able to run this
- Currently only compatible with GZDoom
See you at the finish line!