A quick update on the happs…
Potential Delay…. again
I originally had the mod slated for full open beta late next month, although, I was expecting us to go into closed beta earlier this week. Unfortunately, this has not happened yet.
After doing some jigging around on Trello, it seems progress is roughly a month behind, meaning the mod could be (but hopefully not) pushed back to a late April release.
Right now, its a bit of a wait and see sort of thing. The biggest hurdle at this stage is putting the levels and the environment art assets together.
The core gameplay loop is almost complete. Inventory and weapons are expected to be finalized this weekend, with the enemy roster the following weekend.
Late next week, the next alpha of the mod will be coming online. There won’t be much new content wise, but it will include a lot of refined systems that we feel could benefit from some user feedback.
- Refined combat gameplay loop
- Blood and weapon effects
- Removed the use of CamTextures to project environment, allowing for support on more resolutions and custom FOV settings (also allows GZDoom’s native SSAO and Bloom post processing)
- Improved enemy AI and animation
- Fixing a lot of inventory input issues
- A few extra inventory items
- Reduced flashing lights
- A lot of your suggestions and feedback on the last alpha addressed