The next patch of Shotgun Frenzy is now ready to download!
Grab it here: http://www.mediafire.com/?n4t0w89ifpf7g8w (4.8MB)
For those who are yet to download Shotgun Frenzy, you can get the master file, this is an all-in-1 package that contains the core files. Only get this if you DON’T have Shotgun Frenzy, unless you want to redownload content you already have, bahaha, http://www.mediafire.com/?64czlzq26447as4
Here is the extensive changelog:
New Features & Tweaks
- Improved boss and demon optermisation dependant on player counts
- Ammo dispensers now act like stock pads in base/structures. Instant healing and ammo collection
- Bosses revamped and vastly improved, no longer take forever to finish a map
- AI Director tweaks for improved gameplay
- Better demonic core damage message
- Research is now displayed on purchase for all players
- Ranks are easier to obtain
- Maps have properly placed teleporters preventing repeating teleportation
- Survival Mode now reaches higher ranked monsters (depending on player count)
- Mech repair time reduced from 3 minutes to 2 minutes
- Bullet proof windows in Command Center, now those pesky Cacodemons cannot kill the Commander
- Money bags now give 3000 credits to the player, makes them a bit more useful
- Annihilator’s give many more credits on death
- All weapons balanced
- Quadshot and Flamer damage reduced
- Flamer burn time reduced
- Possible fix for ” players can place dispensers and turrets into the doors of buildings and break them. Making the building inaccessible”
- SF04 Mechs can now enter the Marine Command/exit mech
- Money bags dropped by commander are working
- SF01 demonic core fixed
- SF01 sector door lock fixed
- Mech hud now disappears at game end
- Sandbags have correct message on construction
- Backpacks now provide nails/razor blades for Dualshot
As usual, have fun and report in any glitches you may find!
A few more game breaking bugs are creeping up which need to be squished, thus prompting a new patch to be thrown into production. Will be adding a few new bits and bobs to this one to keep it fresh. Should expect to see this drop sometime this week.
Here are some of the fixes that will be coming through (important fixes in bold):
- Sandbags have correct construction message when built by commander
- Improved AI Director
- Backpacks now provide nails/razor blades for the Dualshot
- Flamer fire burn time reduced
- SSG and Quadshot have damage reduced for balancing
- Ranks easier to obtain
- Maps have properly placed teleporters, preventing teleporting in and running into the exit almost instantly
- Survival Defender mode doesn’t reach higher ranked monsters
- CF01 boss doesn’t end map
- SF01 sector issues
- Bosses that don’t suck (or battles that go on for too long)
- Turret limitations for specific maps
- Mech hud at end game
- SF01 demon core invincible
The first patch is out and ready to download at this address: http://www.mediafire.com/?b62r48pze8dte45
It is a simple update to the sfrenzy13_final.pk3 that should resolve many issues (as listed below in the previous post)
If you have not already downloaded Shotgun Frenzy, you can grab the entire mod with the patch pre-installed, here:
So far it has been a truly epic 12 hours of Shotgun Frenzy topping the server list, so it was expected that a few bugs would pop up, one of the most noteable been the ‘Final Struggle’ bug. Never fear, a patch is right around the corner, with a few extra additions that have been specificity requested by members of the Skulltag community. They have been listed below:
- Dispensers, turrets and landmines to be added to the Armory for marines to buy
- Price and damage tweaks on overpowered weapons
- Score system from v1.1 added back in for mid-game researching
- Mouse sensitivity for Commander reduced
- That annoying tip beep has been changed to something less annoying
- Tips no longer appear for player related information if more than 2 players are playing
- Bodycount message on death from v1.1 is back
- More powerful Airstrikes and Ion Cannon strikes
- Increase to Afrit health (CF03 boss battle)
- Map detailing optimised for better performance
- Boss battles optimised for better server performance, also not impossible to beat
- Disappearing skybox resolved
- Endgame countup on monster kills sped up
- Turret spawning fixed
- Players can no longer go outside SD02 and SF03
- Mechs no longer send players skyrocketing into the sky
This will be released shortly. In the meantime, a huge thanks to Konar6 and the Grandvoid servers!
Stay tuned, the update will be released shortly…
At long last! The full and complete 1.3 update of Shotgun Frenzy is now up and ready for downloading!
At the moment it can be downloaded here, http://www.mediafire.com/?3y63bx9hv7aa0h3
Expect to see more mirrors pop up in the near future.
This update to Shotgun Frenzy contains completely revamped code, new maps, game types, and weapons. There was also a ton of network rejigging, meaning better net performance. As usual, let us know if you find any bugs or unbalancing on the way and we’ll get right onto fixing it in a hot fix.
Cock your shotgun and get yer frenzy face on!
The much delayed update to Shotgun Frenzy should be releasing in a day or two.
We’re just working on polishing off the final bits and bobs. The mod is currently in a fully playable state, but we’re running some final tests to make sure everything is up and running as it should be.